Doug Pensinger wrote:

> Julia Thompson wrote:
>
> >"Gary L. Nunn" wrote:
> >
> >>I remember way back in the beginning when the Sci-Fi channel showed
> >>uncut and commercial free versions of science fiction shows. But then
> >>again, I remember when MTV used to show music videos.  :-)
> >>

> >Now there's M2 for that.  (At least, I *think* that's the name of the
> >network.)  But we don't get that on our cable system.  Had it when we were
> >in Austin.
> >
> Why not  get satellite?

'Cause as far as we know, it's cheaper to get Cox cable + broadband than to
get Cox broadband and satellite, and we *have* to have the broadband (and
where we are, the only broadband provider is Cox).

Plus which, it's only a few networks that we can't get with Cox that we had
with Time Warner in Austin, and we don't care badly enough about the ones
we're missing (at least, not yet).  If it reaches a critical point where we
really want some of the ones we're missing now, we'll consider satellite.

(The biggest problem is that the customer service for Cox isn't as good as
what we had with Time Warner, and same with Sprint vs. Southwestern Bell for
phone.  We shocked people in Austin with telling them we missed SBC and Time
Warner.)

        Julia