http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/038/living/Instant_live_CDs_of_a_concert_T
esting_to_begin_in_Boston+.shtml

xperiments are rife in the music business these days -- and Boston will be a
test market for one of the most novel of them. Clear Channel Concerts, the
nation's largest concert promoter, has ambitious plans to record live CDs of
its shows and sell them to patrons within five minutes after those shows
end. Clear Channel is targeting Boston as the first site for the new plan,
according to sources within the organization.

Multiple CD burners would be brought in, and the live CDs would probably
sell for around $15 in the same way that T-shirts and other merchandise can
be purchased after concerts. No one knows what the demand would be, but the
project is expected to begin at club shows within a couple of months, then
be refined and work its way up to the amphitheater level, though that may
not happen until next year, sources say.

Clear Channel spokeswoman Pam Fallon would not confirm or deny word of the
CD burning and sales plan. ''All I can say is that we're working on a series
of initiatives in the next couple of months,'' she said.

Clear Channel vice president Steve Simon, who works at Cambridge's Clear
Channel office and has helped manage the platinum-selling band Boston, is
said to be heading the project.

xponent
Death To Clear Channel Maru
rob