Follow-up at Kaiser today... Another week of the BRAT diet!  But I can add
potatoes (baked or microwaved).  Nothing is growing in my cultures, which
had me confused until the doctor (a resident who is still learning how to
explain things, I think) told me that sometimes the organisms just don't
culture, even though they may well be present in me.  So I guess I may never
know if this was E. coli, shigella or something else.  They're checking my
white blood cell count again, since it was elevated, but they seem satisfied
I'm doing okay.

I'm a lot more yucky feeling and tired today than I would have expected.
This certainly hasn't been a steady upward recovery.  More of an upward
roller-coaster.

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts.

Nick

--