From: Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: bush countdown clock
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:47:47 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 10:47:28AM -0500, Jon Gabriel wrote:

> Considering the high-profile Republican wins and Democrat losses
> in the last election (2002), the issue you're bringing up seems to
> be a moot point.  The Democrats have barely been able to do more
> than insist on their own relevance for the last two years and the
> Republicans have acquired a majority in both houses.

The Dems did gain a few governorships. But overall, I agree with your
point.

That is true about the governors. At the Federal level the Dems were just run over. :)

It just pisses me off when I think about the opportunities they've squandered. I don't agree with a few things on either the Republican or Democrat agendas, but I really don't like the 'no debate' mode we've fallen into as a country.

Jon