In a message dated 2/16/2003 6:04:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Anyone else stuck at home in this snowstorm? From looking at the radar
> it looks like this storm is covering all the way from
> Illinois to the
> east coast.
We got over a foot in NY. Started last night around 6 (I was just going in to a
thearter to see Two Towers for a second time). This morning my wife and I took our dog
Lucy for a walk. Howling winds snow flakes like arrows in our faces. But in the park
things were great. On the Westside the park is below street level so the wind stops
(you can here it in the trees). They plowed the park roads more quickly than the
street (the park is heavily when there is a heavu snow; kind of like a winter
wonderland. Cross country skiers; people sledding, well since most people in Manhattan
don't have sleds they use garbage can tops or plastic bags.; the diehard runners). But
this was the first morning and it was still snowing heavily so it was pretty much dog
owners watching their pets romp a few skiers and a few people brave enough and smart
enough to get out in the morning. We stayed out for almost two hours and it was just
wonderful. Now of course I am stuck in my apartment without any desire to go out. My
13 year old daughter is extremely upset. She is off until thursday and she will
therefore lose a guarenteed two snow days.