I quoted:
> "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
> regarded as a criminal offense." -- E. W. Dijkstra:

Kevin replied:
I didn't see this originally. What did he mean by this, what's wrong with COBOL? In my shop they have tested other systems and nothing can perform the functions with the speed needed.

I don't particularly have a problem with COBOL; in fact, I like it a good sight better than some *other* languages to which I've been exposed, like FORTRAN (I know, I know, they do completely different things). I just happened to run across this quote and found it amusing, and since there has been some talk about different programming languages recently on-list, I thought I'd post it.

Reggie Bautista