Dan said:

> What do you think of Gautam's argument that a swift military victory
> in Iraq will turn the support numbers around, like the victory over
> Argentina did for Maggie?

I think that it's possible, but on the other hand this situation is very
different to that one. The Labour Party has traditionally been much
more pacific than the Conservatives and this time round nobody has
invaded British territory. Having said that, I think the war is
unlikely to be the proximate cause of Blair losing the Labour
leadership - it might, though, be one factor contributing to his
eventual demise. We'll certainly see many more dramatic afternoons in
the Commons in the near future though.

Rich