http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/iraq/articles/iraq030306.htm

An excerpt:

"This time, she gave the bribe to the Iraqi officer, but instead of waving her on, he
wordlessly took out a knife and slashed open the bag. As kerosene poured over her
shoulders, soaking her clothes, a "tall, fat, dark man"–the director of the
checkpoint–strode toward her. He did not say anything, and his face was emotionless as
he flicked open a cigarette lighter and set her ablaze. "I was screaming with pain and
tearing off my clothes because they were on fire, and he was just looking at me,
watching me, and he did not do anything," she recounts from her hospital bed."

If this is a microcosm of what the Iraqi regime is like, maybe the people protesting
the US ought to at least consider what and who it is they are defending.

Jim