At 21:44 14-03-03 -0500, John Giorgis wrote:

If France can prevent the war from happening, than it *has* effectively protected American soldiers. After all, when there is no war, the risk to a soldier's life is significantly less than when that soldier goes into combat.

Tell that to the families of all those soldiers who died at the Pentagon.

The soldiers that France (and I) are referring to are the US troops in the Middle East, not the soldiers at the Pentagon.

BTW, according to the Bush regime, the strike against the Pentagon *was* an act of war...

Unfortuantely, your policy calls for the US to absorb the attack from a future Iraq's nuclear arsenal, or its stores of anthrax and nerve gas before attacking....

I never said that. How could I even have said that? I don't even know for sure that Iraq *has* NBC weapons and the capability to deliver them to the US. The US keeps claiming that Iraq has NBC weapons, but so far has consistently failed to prove it. As for the delivery, others have already posted about the problems inherent in delivering NBC weapons from Iraq to the US.

Jeroen "Make love, not war" van Baardwijk