Kevin Tarr wrote:

>> Anyone else use those pitchers with built in filters?

> I don't use one normally, but I've tasted water made using one and tasted
> no difference. I had a water softener installed weeks after buying my
> house. I didn't think it tasted bad, but knew it needed it. Of the four
> other places I normally drink water three have city water and one is well
> water. The well water is horrid, they drink and cook with spring water 99%
> of the time. Only one city system have I not liked. It didn't taste bad,
> just different. But normally I have no trouble drinking tap water.

In all the posts in this thread, I have only seen mention of bottled water,
"city water" and well (bore?) water. We are dependent on rain water run-off
from the roof, collected in a 10000 gallon (44Kl) tank. This water tastes
much better than town water. Is this a common method of obtaining drinking
water elsewhere?

Regards, Ray.