At 12:46 PM 3/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:
--- "Horn, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> [excerpt from website]> Suddenly: hoofbeats!
>
> Horses?  Horses?  What?  Other than making Debbie
> happy (:-), there aren't
> any land animals on the Riverworld!!!  Certainly not
> horses.

Well, there are very few places that can't be improved
by the liberal application of aged manure, an
excellent fertilizer... ;)

Debbi
who finally was able to drive today (even yesterday
there were 4WDs with high ground clearance getting
stuck in the snow on my street) - we're digging out
from the worst snowstorm since 1913; in the foothills
they're still trapped by 8+ feet of heavy snow (not
our typical 'champagne snow' which you can practically
clear with a feather duster)

In January a caller on a local radio was complaining about 'all' the snow we had (up to that point). The host said* 'What snow? Last week I was able to clean my sidewalk with a good sneeze."

Kevin T. - VRWC
Wishing I was in Denver
*The host was paid back in spades for this comment. He truck was stuck in a snow drift after we got twenty-eight inches from one storm.