I don't know if "surprise" is quite the right word, or at least in the "standard" parlance of the term. I think they were surprised in that they weren't suspecting it at the time, but NOT surprised in that they thought the Iraqis incapable of doing so. The US had gotten intelligence suggesting that the Iraqis were planning something like this all along, but using US uniforms...

Also the "ticker-tape" infobar is very unreliable and non-specific and I personally rely on it very little.

Damon.
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: On Hiatus :)