From: "iaamoac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Conspiracy redux (was RE: Oops, Clinton Just Lied Again....)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:46:33 -0000

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Did it appear in SI?  Your link pointed to Scaife's paper, and
since I knew
> that John Steigerwald is a Pittsburgher, I assumed that the story
originated
> there (like so much other Clinton-bashing).

Yes, the article noted (if you bothered to read it), that the quote
appears in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated.

Personally, I agree with Mr. Steigerwald that Clinton's quote is so
obviously false as to not require follow-up.... but I suppose that
some well-worn Clinton defender will try and verify it.... I'll keep
my eyes open.

(BTW - This latest lie has apparently not yet hit the national right-
wing mainstream media.... the article only came to my attention as
part of my daily digest of Buffalo Bills news, since it discusses a
Bills item at the bottom...)

Perhaps with a war on they have more important things to cover? Attacking a former President about something he did or didn't do during High School seems incredibly trivial when they could be reporting on the war or American POW's.

Then again, I feel the same way about Oscar coverage.
:)
Jon