Andrew Crystall wrote:

> > > That's not the way we ever accounted for cousins. My mothers cousins
> > > were always counted as second cousins to me. Is there an official
> > > means of counting cousins?
> >
> > Reggie already posted a couple of URLs.  Yes, he's right.
> >
> > If you get a genealogy program and enter various family members,
> > including all the common ancestors, it ought to have something to list
> > the relation of you to everyone else in the database.  >:)
>
> There's a HUGE database of Jewish genealogy in Tel Aviv. All the
> other Crystalls listed are close relatives though, and we don't know
> how it was spelt before my grandparents came to the UK...
>
> (in the 30's, from probly Poland, they were non-English speakers and
> the customs officer wrote the surname down as he heard is. We believe
> it had a K, but don't know if it was one or two l's)

I've found a set of databases that include a bunch of my ancestors and
other relatives at rootsweb.com, but only for one of my grandmothers.

There are tons of databases like that there.  http://www.rootsweb.com .
Only thing is, you can't be absolutely sure of all of it, because people
submit databases with errors.  (But if you find an error in an entry, you
can attach a note to it to let other folks know, like I did on the one
where my father's date of death is off by 2 months.)

        Julia