----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Street" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Killer Bs Discussion'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 5:26 PM
Subject: RE: Question for those who are anti-war . . .

> Sorry if this is a late response. I'm I'm the middle of busy season right
> now, but this post just jumped out and demanded attention...
>
> Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
> > Is there anyone who considers themselves opposed to the current military
> > action in Iraq who does not also consider themselves opposed to
President
> Bush?
>

> As a Canadian, I really don't care one way or the other about President
> Bush. He's just a name on the news, really. But this "Bush Doctrine" of
> pre-emptive warfare goes against everything I believe, and it really
> frightens me that a gigantic nation like the United States would even
> seriously contemplate such a thing, much less actually go to war on it.
>
> So yes, there are people who oppose the war in Iraq who have nothing to do
> with American politics. Most people around the world are that way, I
> suspect.

Soviet Russia used to do things like this, and you never saw this level of
protest over it.
China is still in Tibet and the protest is minimal in comparison.

A lot is made by the rest of the world of Americas inconsistencies in
foreign policy.
But the rest of the world has been pretty inconsistent in the pursuit of
peace.
Its gonna be pretty hard to create peace when you turn your back on
injustice. (And we are just as guilty in that regard.)

xponent
Reversible Maru
rob

The fist will run, grasp metal to gun.
The spirit sings in crashing tones,
We gain the battle drum.
Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn.
The pen won't stay the demon's wings,
The hour approaches pounding out the Devil's sermon.