Jim Sharkey answered Russell Chapman, who asked:
> >So - what IS the odd/even rule for Star Trek movies?
>
> The odd-numbered movies suck, the even-numbered movies are good.
>
> To wit:
> Star Trek "I", TPM - Not good.
> Star Trek III, TSfS - Not good
> Star Trek V, that which shall not be namd - Awful
> Star Trek VII, Generations - OK, not great.
>
> Star Trek II, TWoK - best of the lot, IMO
> Star Trek IV, TVH - Good stuff
> Star Trek VI, TUC - Good stuff
>
> The pattern doesn't hold up as well with the TNG movies, however.
---------------------------
Agree with you, the rule isn't quite as straightforward with the TNG movies.

I sort of agree with on Trek V, but I think it was much worse than awful.
(What were they thinking?)
To me it is a toss up on whether II or IV is the best and IMO "First
Contact" is right up there.

Star Trek VIII:    Good stuff
Star Trek IX:       Pretty good
Star Trek X:        Okay, but Data's fate (tear in eye) caught me off guard
(I saw it for the first time this weekend on DVD and had deliberately not
                           looked into the plot).

George A