Well they're not on every other corner like gasoline
stations, but there's about 50 or so refueling stations in
the LA/Orange County area, so it's not that terrible an
inconvenience.  Another caveat is that the compressed air
tanks don't hold as many gasoline gallon equivalents (gge)
as would be normal for a vehicle that size.  Whereas a
normal van would have a 22-30 gal. gas tank, mine holds 14.5
gge, making my range on a full tank somewhere around 180-200
miles.

Normally this is not a problem, as there are several
refilling stations along my normal haunts, and I have a list
of all the public-access refilling stations around the
state.  I just have to be aware of the fuel situation and
whether there are any stations where I'm going.

As far as performance, however, it uses the same type of
engine as a normal auto, just with the ultra-clean burning
natural gas.  I get comparable accelleration, etc.  to the
gasoline version.

-- Matt

I want to ask a different question. I looked on-line but saw no information. You say the same type of engine, but is it exactly the same? I mean....well I don't know how much you know about mechanics. Not physics/mechanics, but how an engine works. What I'm getting at: is you vehicle and engine 'matched'? I don't even know if you said what type of vehicle it is.

I'm trying to ask two things: if I walked into a Chevy dealership and was looking a minivans, would there be one model that offered a regular engine or a NG engine, or would there be two separate models? Maybe the same outward appearance, but basically a different vehicle.

If it's the same model, just with different engines the next question is: will they ever get into retro-fits of cars that had a regular engine?

Kevin T. - VRWC