> > > What right did the UN have to tell Arabs how they would be governed,
> > > or to take away their homes?
> >
> > The land was under UN jurisdiction, that's what right.
>
> That doesn't sound fair to me, unless the residents of the land voted to
> put it under UN jurisdiction.

It's kind of late to worry about that now. That part of the world came under
British mandate following the fall of the Ottoman Empire at the end of the
first world war. Then it became a League of Nations territory, then United
Nations.

Come one, how many subjugated peoples in the entirety of world history got to
vote on who ruled them? They had never "voted" to be part of the Ottoman
Empire, either, so what right did the Ottoman Turks ever have to rule them?

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle