On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 03:22:08PM -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:

> You can see how some people would find offensive what other do to be
> curtious. Can you not extrapolate from that point?

Can you not see that encouraging threats and harrassment is a bad
policy?

I'm not sure why you assume you are the only one who can see things
from Jeroen's perspective. I think I can, and probably others here can
too.  But understanding his point of view doesn't mean I don't think
he needs to change his behavior towards people here. His behavior is
anti-social in the extreme, which I could actually tolerate if that
were all it was, but he also made real-life threats and posted people's
contact information (despite their requests not to) in a way that
encouraged harrassment.  Letting him manipulate people into getting his
way by threatening and harrassing others is NOT the way to help him
change. That would actually encourage the behavior.

Have you ever seen a parent who gives in to a child whenever the child
throws a temper-tantrum? Have you noticed how the problem then gets
worse?

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/