Reggie Bautista asked:

> Has anyone here read _Vitals_, by Greg Bear?  Any recommendations?

-------------------

I have.  Gotta admit that I'm a Bear Fan, but "Vitals" is at the low end of
his works, IMO of course.  There is some interesting science, but I had
trouble following it through the story.  The ending puzzled me--I'm not sure
what happened.  This was a book in which I was waiting for it to end so I
could read something more interesting.  Unusual in a Bear book in my
experience.

I just finished "Darwin's Children".  Much, much better, and a fine sequel
to "Darwin's Radio."

If were Ebert and Roeper, I'd give "Darwin's Children" two enthusiastic
"Thumb's Up" and say wait for "Vitals" to come out at the rental on DVD when
there's nothing good on at the theater (tho' I'm not sure how you do that
with a book, get the paperbook on the book exchange rack at the local
library?).

George A