On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 07:07 pm, Chad Cooper wrote:
In its most base form, I believe that a Christian is defined strictly as one
who believes that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah, that he was crucified, and
was resurrected. ANYTHING else is dogma, and subject to serious
disagreement.

I have the distinct impression, although I haven't time to try and find a cite for it just now, that some (many?) English Anglican clergy *do not* believe that there was a resurrection. Or that any other miracles took place either.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible."
- Bertrand Russell