On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:16:49AM -0700, Chad Cooper wrote:

> I a currently collecting data to suggest the total output of Carbon
> Nanotube (fullerenes) raw material worldwide in the next decade to
> be in excess of 3000 tons. The proposed space elevator (from my past
> post) only requires 20 tons of cable to get started. It then hauls
> up the next few elevators. My estimates place the cable, and the
> anchoring spacecraft within the mass capacity for lift of 2 shuttle
> missions.

When you collect that data, better make sure that it is data for ROPES
or SHEETS with sufficient strength and durability. As far as I have
read, they do not exist yet. So any estimates for something that hasn't
yet been made are highly suspect.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/