"It's wholesome, bright, and unpolluted by advertising tie-in gimmicks; it promotes literacy, and my children benefit from it enormously, so it's only natural that the PBS show "Reading Rainbow" is about to lose its signature butterfly wings due to a lack of funding."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0710/p09s02-coop.html

Even though I was a bit old for the show, I did enjoy watching it.
It would be a shame to see Reading Rainbow disappear.

It seems that there is no room for more than 10 kids shows in America:

"Some corporations did come forward, only to be turned off by low ratings. "Reading Rainbow" - carried by 85 percent of PBS stations - has never made Nielsen's top 10 of all children's shows. (Other PBS programs, such as "Clifford" and "Arthur," are frequently among the top five shows.)"

:-(

Jean-Louis