Deborah Harrell
> > Or do you mean that the reports are truthful, in
> > that they accurately record people's experiences?
>
> They accurately record what people *say* they have
> experienced - at this juncture, *proof* of the
> experience as something coming from an external source
> rather than a biochemical brain glitch is lacking.
> OTOH, such experiences are widespread in humanity,
> across time and cultures -- I do not think this is an
> accident, or mere "wishful thinking" on the part of
> people "terrified of death."

Some two years ago, a couple of scientists in UK were trying to get
funding to carry on a research on the existence of the human soul. I am
not sure what happened to them but the paper they published after the
preliminary research did receive some publicity. Basically they
interviewed post-operative patients and some 1/3 of the people reported
OBE. They apparently located objects 'hidden' in the room during their
surgery, recounted conversations in the room between various people, the
tunnel of light was mentioned...stuff like that.
Somewhat interesting.

Ritu