> From: Doug Pensinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/20/international/worldspecial/2
> 0WEAP.html?pagewanted=1&th
>

> "To my mind, the most telling and eye-catching point in the
> judgment of five of the six intelligence agencies was that if
> left unchecked, Iraq would most likely have a nuclear weapon in
> this decade. The president of the United States could not afford
> to trust Saddam's motives or give him the benefit of the doubt,"
> she said.
("she" being C. Rice.)

This is the one argument that got me and convinced me to support the war
against Iraq.  I figured, if everything else wasn't true, at least this was.
And now it appears that everything else probably wasn't true!  <grin>

Seriously, why couldn't this have been the main argument, not the handwaving
about existing WMD that don't exist??

 - jmh