> From: John D. Giorgis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> At 11:08 PM 7/24/2003 -0700 Nick Arnett wrote:
> >> I would contend that had Gore won the
> >> post 911 stuff would have gone the same. We would have gone into
> >> Afghanastan with the same outcome. I would argue that Gore would
> >> have been much better at using the good will towards the US that
> >> exists after 911 to accomplish the goal of fighting terrorism.
> >> Think about how the administration has squandered that good will?
> >> The high handed arogance of the Bush team has unnecesarily
> >> alientated much of the world.
> >
> >Uh, didja forget?  Gore *did* win -- the vote, anyway.  Just not the
office
> >that usually goes with it.
>
> Yawn!     Gore didn't win the only vote that counts - in the Electoral
> College.
>
> JDG - Will you guys ever let it go?

Had not the partisan supreme court members unconstitutionally appointed
bush as dictator, and allowed the full Florida vote recount to proceed,
gore would have won the recount and the electoral college.  This was the
single worst moment in the history of our country, in the history of
democracy.  Never before has someone successfully attempted a coup in the
united states.