From: "iaamoac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Seth Finkelstein on 16 words
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:49:17 -0000

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jon Gabriel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Uh huh.  If the Democrats had done this while they were in the
majority
> would we be hearing from you about how they were abusing their
power in the
> worst possible way?  I suspect so.
>
> By denying *elected political representatives* the opportunity to
provide
> input and perhaps convince opposing party members of their views,
the
> Republicans on that committee have disgraced themselves and the
democratic
> process.  It's an abuse of power, plain and simple -- and to call
it
> anything less is disingenuous.
>
> Jon

Actually, its called the "House-Senate Conference Committe", and its been around for a very, very long time.

I didn't mention this because it was in the MSNBC article. Frankly, I'm not sure why you bring it up, so it seems like a non sequiter to me. What's your point?

In the future, please don't call me a liar when I give my opinions -
especially when your suspicions regarding my opinions are dead
wrong.

No, I implied that you might be a hypocrite, not a liar. I may be wrong in my suspicions, but I didn't say (or for that matter imply) you were a liar. If you are referring to my use of the word 'disingenuous', I was pointing out your attempt to trivialize an abuse of power which I feel should be taken seriously.

Jon

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com