From: Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: brinl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Seabiscuit (no spoilers)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:53:11 -0700 (PDT)

Even if you're not enamoured of horses, this is a
really good movie - beautifully shot, well-cast,
well-acted, and a "feel-good" story that has the
advantage of being (mostly) true.  It's a classic
American tale of some come-from-behind, beat-the-odds,
never-give-up misfit individuals who make good,
enabled by a self-made millionaire.

You animal-lovers, bring your hankies!  (says the
woman who has been known to get teary-eyed over the
PBS adverts, with the cheetahs and impalas running in
slow-motion as orchestral music swells...)  :)

Hrm. Did you read the book? I'm wondering how it compares. The book was tremendous and I have a hard time believing they will be able to live up to it.

Debbi
Over One Hundred Posts To Read Maru

Heh. I remember having only unread 100 posts... it was sometime in the 90's. :)

*grin*

Jon
These Days I Average Around 4-500 Maru

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com