From: "G. D. Akin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Author question observations
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:47:12 +0900

I asked if anyone had read Saran Zettel's "The Quiet Invasion".

I haven't. Just realized I never mentioned that. :)

At this moment, there have been 13 responses.

First, one person responded that he (thanks, Tom) had read her (but not that
book) and said she was okay and had once met her.

I also mentioned that I had just finished "Lucifer's Hammer" and said it was
the best end-of-the-world novel ever. That was construed as a spoiler, to
my surprise (tho' he graciously let me off the hook later). Anyway, there
were a few posts that impleid he should've known what the book was about.

Yep, I should have. Sorry to jump down your throat like that. I'm around page 400 now and it's gotten really good. :) Was just a bit of a shock.

The discussion quickly moved to The Lord of the Rings and Greg Bear's
"Forge" and "Anvil" books and a short (justifiable trashing) of Dhalgren,
though someone for whatever reason managed to read it twice.

Yet another author I've missed. Guess I should be thankful. :)

I'm not complaining, but it is interesting that this list can goes more
wildly off-subject than any other list I'm on (2 others).  And not slowly
either, it happens FAST.

Try to keep up with the thread creep George! *grin* For over a year or so I tried splitting conversational topics I was contributing to into different subjects. I gave up after realizing that it happens to *every* thread here.

Jon