http://www.salon.com/mwt/wire/2003/08/06/clone/index.html
> Excerpt:
> Scientists say they've cloned a horse
<snip>

I saw a newsclip of her galloping about her paddock -
very cute.

I wonder if the 'cloned animal' pattern of approx.
half the normal lifespan will hold for horses too?  I
certainly wouldn't want to invest in a horse that will
die at 12-15 years old, given that dressage horses
don't reach full potential until approx. 10 years of
age.  I suppose that horses which are "used up" before
7yo (most racehorses, many reining horses -- b/c they
are worked too hard at a very young age) might be
profitable WRT cloning.  >:/

Debbi
whose best lesson horse is 27 years old (she's a great co-instructor)