At 01:20 AM 8/11/03 -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:

--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But you made the claim that an armed society is a polite society.
> You haven't backed up that claim with _any_ statistics or studies.

Sorry I never made that claim. I did not and do not believe that an armed society would be any more or less "polite". Those are your words.

Actually, they are Heinlein's words, and the full quote is:

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond the Horizon, 1942

-- Ronn! :)