On
> Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 9:52 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Heinlein quote
>
> > I'm not claiming to agree with Heinlein, but I will note that people
are
> > very friendly in Texas and not so friendly in New York. <G>
> >

> You'd better never not come back to New York no more and say that. We
New
> Yorkers don't take kindly to peoples what calls us unfriendly.
>
> ;)

Actually.... we're more likely to either flat-out agree with you or
argue with you about it.  (well, some of our more ...opinionated...
citizens might invite you to the Bleacher Creature section of the House
That Ruth Built and suggest you repeat it *there*).

Heh.  In Texas, you merely risk being blown away. ;-)

> Seriously, it is utterly impossible to generalize about 7 million
people.
> There are friendly New Yorkers and unfriendly Texans. I myself have
never
> been to
> Texas. so I can't say a thing about it, but I'm from New York, and I
have
> never known a truly unfriendly New Yorker (in the way TV stereotypes
> us/them).

I've lived both places.  Agreed.  People are generally the same all
over, that is to say you'll find good and bad people where ever you care
to look.

Jon

Le Blog:  http://zarq.livejournal.com