At 05:28 PM 8/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
In a message dated 8/27/2003 5:01:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> On the flip side, many are claiming that to forcibly remove the Ten
> Commandments monument would violate _their_ First Amendment rights of
> freedom of religion.
>
> (I'm not arguing one way or the other here, but simply reporting that both
> sides are using the same Constitutional argument to support
> their positions.)

Removal of the monument does not violate anyone's freedom of religion. They can still believe in the 10 commandments, they can carry a personal copy, they can have the commandments prominantly displayed in their homes and places of worship. It cannot be displayed in a public place.

"It cannot be displayed in a public place."?

You cannot paint them on a barn,
nor on a canvas made of yarn.
You cannot nail them to a tree
you cannot set them by the sea.

You cannot put them near a lake,
nor in your front yard on a stake.

Ahh I'm done. Play with it as you will.

Kevin T. - VRWC
Fall? Winter? They can show up now. (Quite possibly the first time I have ever complained about the weather. Other than it being below freezing for 22 days in January with NO SNOW! Damnit.)