Jon Gabriel wrote:
Doubleplus ungood.
http://www.all-the-other-names-were-taken.com/tipstips.html

Perhaps we could just mark their emails with this instead:
/ \

Good NYT article linked:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/26/opinion/26KAYA.html?ex=1062475200&en=c90e0fabaad4b6b1&ei=5070

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E370231C5

" So the recent brainstorm by the Justice Department to enlist couriers, meter readers, cable installers and telephone repairmen to snoop on people's private lives for anything "suspicious" dredged a cold and until now forgotten feeling from the pit of my stomach. Many have objected that such a program would violate civil liberties and basic American principles. But stoking people's fear to set neighbor upon neighbor, service worker upon client, those who belong against those who don't, does something more: it erodes the soul of the watcher and the watched, replacing healthy national pride with mute suspicion, breeding insular individuals more concerned with self-preservation than with society at large. Ultimately it creates a climate that is inherently antithetical to security."

Doug