Subj:    Re: Sunday Evening SF written. 16 on Hugo, zero for Sawyer.
Date:   9/1/2003 3:29:10 PM US Mountain Standard Time
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (d.brin)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Actually, I think Rob is a fine writer, exploring fascinating ideas.
The home town thing is no cause of resentment by me, but of joy, to
see such a fine fellow holding up a Maple-Leaf-themed Hugo in Canada.
His acceptance speech was one of the most gracious I've heard.

All right, this is my seventh 2nd place showing and my mantel piece
is getting dusty. Still, I am proud to be part of a field that
created five such books.

Please pass this on to the list... and pass on my warm best wishes to all.

(Did and done.)

With cordial regards,

David Brin
www.davidbrin.com

>The title says it all.
>
>On sf.written, there was a string of 16 messages. Not one was
>favorable to Sawyer.

(I was posting it more as an observation, rather than a personal opinion. I'm
having much more fun making fun of his web page design. Which, I'm sure, many
people will say they like.)

William Taylor