Jon Gabriel wrote:

> http://www.bookblog.net/gender/genie.html
>
> Very cool, even though it got the two graphs I ran wrong.

My mom *just* got hold of this one.

She used the same sort of technique for feeding it passages, i.e.,
cutting and pasting something already written.

She participates on a website with a lot of message boards.  What she
found was that it was more or less accurate depending on which board
she'd posted the passage to -- a message on board for which she's an
admin was more likely to come up male, while messages to another
particular board were more likely to come up female.

(I'm guessing she got the link from someone's post there, actually....
I've fallen out of the habit of sending her cool links while she's using
my computer.  Make of that what you will.)

        Julia