In a message dated 10/23/2003 9:54:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> This is one of the most infuriating comments that I have heard from many
> sources regarding this whole thing....   what is the point of "appealing in
> code" to somebody in this instance?   i.e. for what reason would Rush
> decide to "appeal in code" in his fourth appearance on an
> ESPN Pregame show?

To stir up controversy. To push his agenda that the media is favoring blacks. To
subtly reinforce beliefs that blacks are inferior intellectually. To suggest that
racism is not a real problem in need of remedy but simply an invention of the liberal
media.