On 9 Nov 2003 at 18:55, David Hobby wrote:

> Erik Reuter wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 10:06:23AM -0600, The Fool wrote:
> > > Proxomitron is better.  All hail Proxomitron.  Oh wait erik can't
> > > use it...
> >
> > Proxomitron is dead. http://www.proxomitron.org/
>
>  Still working on my machine, though.  "It's not dead,
> just no longer supported!"
>  I loaded it on my machine as a trial, and it certainly
> made a dent in the number of ads.  But configuring it was just
> messy enough that I never got around to putting it on the rest
> of the computers/browsers around here...

As a note for Spybot Search and Destroy users:

run it in advanced mode, select tools / hosts file
Click on "Add Spybot-S&D Hosts List"

And watch 80%+ of internet adverts vanish.

I use a more detailed utility which dynamically updates my hosts
file, but for most people the SS&D soloution is simple and effective
against most adverts.

Andy
Dawn Falcon