What do you expect from these scumbags in the White House? They announce
nice-sounding proposals and reap the benefit from people who want to believe that
their (in this case not really) elected officials are on the side of the
angels. Then, after getting good press for their announcement - and after the press
has turned its attention elsehwere - they quietly do nothing (at best; the
exact opposite of what they announced, at worst). Then, whenever anyone points
this out, someone who desperately wants to continue to delude himself that the
Bushitters are not cynical lying scum, bleats that they should still get the
credit for meaning well. But the list of broken promises is staggering:
Afghanistan, the environment, veterans, schools, international AIDS funding - all
impressive sounding initiatives, all left to rot and vanish   - how long can they
get away with this cynical manipulation?

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle