> In the pro-lifers don't do enough to oppose violence against abortionists
> department:
>

>    http://www.lifenews.com/nat209.html
>
> Investigators revealed more information on Thursday about Stephen John
> Jordi, the man whom FBI agents arrested this week on suspicions of plotting
> to firebomb several abortion facilities in Florida and nationwide.
>
> Pastors in the small Florida town of Coconut Creek informed police about
> him at least four days before he was apprehended.

Not much to say here except, anyone who really believes in American democracy
should condemn violence of any stripe. Serious opponents of abortion should
(and most do) realize that the violent actions of the extremist fringe of their
movement do nothing to advance their cause. Regardless of the issue, and of
the sincerity of one's views, for this country to work, we all need to play by
the same rules, one of which is, you can argue as vehemently as you want for
your beliefs, and you can engage in peaceful protest and civil disobedience.
But once you resort to violence, you're breaking the compact.

If sometimes the "right-to-life" crowd is criticized for not doing enough to
curb the violence-prone factions of their movement, that's because all too
often they DON'T do enough. This draws attention precisely BECAUSE it is rare.
Paul Hill and his sympathizers, and anyone who thinks the sincerity of their
opposition to abortion justifies their committing murder, should be unequivocably
reviled by true "pro-lifers", excommunicated, abominated, shunned and in
every other way made to feel completely unwelcome. But too often that doesn't
happen. You get the attitude, "Well, what they did wasn't right, but I understand
their frustration," etc. Which is a tacit condoning of evil.

This is a good start. Let's see some more.

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle