Damon Agretto wrote:

> > I have a friend who works for the Nevada Department
> > of Education whose job
> > it is to research universities and make
> > recommendations on accreditation.  I
> > asked him about the University of Phoenix a couple
> > of months ago.  He said
> > UP is a good school and accredited.  They are not
> > just an on-line school,
> > but have campuses in several locations.  They have a
> > huge campus in Denver
> > (actually Aurora I think) near a huge technology
> > center.
>
> Thanks, this is just the sort of info I was looking
> for! It certainly gives me more options to think about
> (and it might be more convenient too). I have 2 local
> universities to choose from (Lehigh and Moravian) so
> its not critical for me to do an O-L MBA program.
>
> Speakingof which, has anyone taken classes or done
> such a program? What were your experiences?

I have two friends (both govenment contractors) in my office who are
enrolled in Phoenix's Computer Information Systems Masters Program.  Both
are talking about the workload but are very happy with the on-line system
and discussions and the responses from the instructors.  They have both
complained a bit about the "up front" classes such as "Business Law" and
"Managerial Accounting."  Both really want to delve into the core IT
courses.

George A

George A