Ronn! wrote:
D. J. passed away in my arms about 6 pm last night.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We just lost our hamster, Gingerbread Cinnamon Muad'dib (aka Ginger, aka Hamsterface, aka Hamsterperson). She had been losing some hair on her flanks and gaining weight, and we (and our vet) were worried about possible thyroid or adrenal problems, but after a change of both cage and diet, she had grown her hair back and lost her excess weight. We think she may have actually lost the weight too fast, which can lead to fatty liver disease in hamsters. She seemed perfectly happy that evening, running and playing, and then died in her sleep the next morning.

But we do have a new pet, a pretty black 1 & 1/2 year-old cat
named Inira (which means "to sing" in one of the Kenyan dialects).
She's the perfect match for our all-white cat Peasblossom (named
after one of the fairies in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream).
Now if we could just get the two to get along...

Reggie Bautista