I just purchased and watched the extended DVD of
_The Two Towers_ yesterday.  The extended version
of _The Fellowship of the Ring_ was very good, but
this one...

There is no reason anyone should ever watch the
theatrical release of _The Two Towers_ ever again.
The extended DVD is sooooo much better.  The
flow and pacing work better for me, the motivations
of characters made more sense (especially Faramir),
we get to see a nice flashback with Boromir, and
the ending is miles better.  I really liked the theatrical
release of _TTT_  but this extended release is
kilometers (Hi, Alberto!) better.

A friend that watched the DVD version with my wife
and me said that he liked it so much better that he's
almost considering not watching _Return of the King_
until it comes out in the extended DVD version.

Personally, I can't wait until I can see the extended
versions of all three in a nice long theatrical marathon.
I haven't heard yet that this is planned, but to me it
seems like a no-brainer of a marketing gimmick...

Reggie Bautista