Hi all. Just came back to grumble to somebody.

A reviewer on Amazon posted a diss of LIFE EATERS stating that in my afterword I stated clearly that it was an 'anti-religion" polemic.

This is a damned lie. Indeed, LE makes more and better and more respectful use of the noble side of religion, as a core element of the plot, than any other graphic novel you could point at. Yes, the book pays tribute to science and reason and an open society. But people of deep faith - Christians, Mulsims and Jews - play an essential role in defeating a terrible evil that humanity managed to bring down upon itself.

The core element at issue is not religion, but the very notion of human sacrifice as a theologically valid, which was rejected from our common tradition by the story of Abraham, till it was re-introduced by Saul of Tarsus. A few radical Christians have taken insult from the mere raising of this issue as a topic of conversation. Needlessly, I think, since both Christianity and the teachings of Jesus get quite favorable mention.

But then, none of these matters take up more than a few pages. So guys like this are just prickly sourpusses.

There. Said my piece. If you all want to discuss it and decide for yourselves, let me know and I'll make myself available.

Wishing you joyous holidays and peace.

With cordial regards,

David Brin
www.davidbrin.com