This is almost scary - and a bit disappointing about how eBay handled
this. - Gary

PayPal Loophole Leaves Man Holding Empty Bag
Police Threaten Charges Against eBay Seller

HOPKINTON, R.I. -- A Rhode Island man claims a woman in Florida stole
his money by taking advantage of a loophole in PayPal, a payment service
used by buyers and sellers on eBay.

Bill Felkner, of Ashaway, R.I., ordered some autographed football cards
from a seller on eBay. The selling price was $472. For protection, he
paid by using PayPal, eBay's payment service.
PayPal allows buyers and sellers to send and receive money and it offers
buyers $500 of coverage if the item isn't received.

"This is the envelope I got in the mail," Felkner said, displaying an
empty package.
Felkner said when he received the empty envelope, he figured PayPal
would cover him. But he said PayPal was no pal when he filed the
complaint.

"When I contacted them, they have a form you fill out and the second
line on the form says, 'Did you receive anything? Click 'yes' even if it
was empty,'" he said. "But this automatically disqualifies you from the
protection program as it is now a dispute-of-goods issue and not a
non-receipt issue."

Complete article....

http://www.wpxi.com/technology/2733419/detail.html