At 06:34 PM 1/11/2004 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>In a message dated 1/10/2004 4:25:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> Personally, if you want to talk about pandering, I'll talk abotu a party
>> that collects 90% of the vote of people of a certain race.
>>  That's only
>> *possible* via pandering
>
>Alternately, it may be the result of the policies of the republican party
with regard to the welfare of that race (by the way which race are we
talkng about). And of course the fact that the republican party gets over
90% of the vote of a religous groups with certain philosophies or certain
aspects of the economic sector is not pandering?

Of course the Republican Party is terrible for African Americans.   That is
why 30 years of unquestioning, nearly unanmious,  support for the
Democratic Party has produced such a substantial improvement in the welfare
of African Americans.

Your last sentence, BTW, is not at all true.

JDG - Three guesses as to what a major religious component of
African-Americans is.