> Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Nick Arnett wrote:

> > >That makes sense.  To what extent do you regard
> conservatives, as a
> > >generalization, as male-dominated?

> > In all honesty none.
> >
> > I can say with a clear conscience that I have
> > never ever made that connection in my mind before.

> You really aren't familiar with Evangelicals, then.
> I don't know how many
> of them told me that women need to obey their
> husbands.

Instead of "conservative," if you say
"fundamentalist," then that accurately denotes a tenet
of "men first, women second or less" -class persons,
whether you're referring to Christian, Jewish or
Muslim fundamentalists.  I think that also goes for
Hindu and even Buddhist fundamentalists, but that's
not as clear to me as the first three mentioned.
Anybody who claims that God has made some
people/persons inherently inferior - for whatever
reason - belongs to one of the hate-based "ist"
groups: racist, sexist, misogynist etc. etc.

Hmm - so does that classify Marxists a subset of
atheist fundamentalists?

Debbi
Flautists And Contortionists Don't Count Maru   ;)