--- Gary Nunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In my travels online today, I ran across a reference
> that took me to
> another reference that eventually led me to the
> Yellowstone Volcano
> Observatory home page. There is some very
> interesting information here
> as well as some spectacular pictures and maps. One
> map in particular
> shows the areas of US that were probably covered by
> Ash from
> Yellowstone's last few eruptions over the last 2
> million years. I can't
> imagine just how catastrophic that would be today:
> http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/figures/fig3.html
>
> Yellowstone Volcano Observatory home page
> http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/index.html

>From the above I clicked to
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/new.html

which has a nifty-cool "bathymetric relief map" of
Yellowstone Lake, and some FAQs about the 'bulging
bottom.'  :)

Yellowstone is utter-gloss to visit -- the geysers are
marvelous, the 'mud-pots' would make Pumba squeal with
joy (that, or cook him!), and the wildlife a
sure-to-see (bison & elk fer sure, and good chance for
moose, pelican, golden eagle or pronghorn).

Debbi
And Don't Forget The Wildflowers Maru