Trent Shipley wrote:

> NB! I would like to make contact and all the future fictional dates 100
> years in the future.  The date for human NLS interstellar engines (2061 CE)
> is absurd.  2161CE seems safely remote.

I don't think it's absurd - it depends on the rate of space exploration. It
just shows that in some point in the 1980s there was a "cusp" event
that separated the Uplift Timeline from ours :-)

Remember that in the Uplift story, there was an "Indian Summer" at
the end of the XX century, where space exploration boosted with
the foundation of extraterrestrial colonies.

We can only speculate on _what_ we did wrong. Did the USSR fall
too early?

[ok, I promise I will check the other data later]

Alberto Monteiro