> Or like Karl Marx, actually.  Enhancing the
> contradictions, isn't that what the Marxists called
> it?  :-)  Been a long time since I read any Marxist
> philosophy, and I will admit I didn't pay that much
> attention when I was supposed to be studying it...

Well, _some_ Marxists seemed to believe in a philosophy that might be called
"the worse, the better", but most intelligent leftists abandoned that approach
after the disaster that following it led to in Weimar Germany.

Remember, it's very difficult to assume what Marx himself would have had to
say about anything that happened in the 20th century, since he died in 1883. He
believed he was creating a scientific approach to analyzing history, based on
the evidence he'd seen. If he saw contrary evidence, he would have corrected
himself. I don't think it's fair to blame Marx for what has been done in his
name since he died.

Tom Beck

www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle